If you enjoy beer, you're probably already a regular at La Cave du Vin in Cleveland Heights' Coventry neighborhood. Although its expansive wine selection is not to be ignored, many come for the unique selection of beers on tap and in bottles. There are literally hundreds of microbrews and imports to choose from, so making a decision is as fun as it is daunting. In this episode of Behind the Bar, Erich Lasher, La Cave du Vin's self-described "resident wino and beer nerd," recommends holiday beers that aren't "liquid nutmeg." Cheers!
This episode's featured beers:
- Southern Tier Brewing Company Krampus imperial helles lager
- Bell's Brewing winter white ale
- Ridgeway Brewing Bad Elf winter ale
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales Noel de Calabaza Belgian strong ale
- Het Anker Brewery Gouden Carolus Belgian strong ale
- Huyghe Brewery Delirium Noel Belgian strong ale